Which Operating System, Firewall, and AntiVirus are you using?
Sometimes security software can prevent Holdem Manager communicating with PostgreSQL and the Poker sites. This can cause many issues including import, hud issues and issues with launching Holdem Manager. Please follow the instructions in this FAQ that creates exceptions for Holdem Manager and PostgreSQL to avoid these issues - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1011/Software+Security+Problems+(Firewall)
a) Open your Windows Defender (or chosen AntiVirus program) > History tab:
- Select the files if they are from holdemmanager with that checkbox on the left side, then in the bottom right of the window click ‘Allow Item’.
- Start HM2.
I sometimes have to open the Windows Security app, go to the Virus & threat protection menu, Virus & threat protection settings - ‘Manage settings’ and then disable 'Real-time protection, Cloud-delivered protection, and Automatic sample submission then update/launch HM2 before I enable them again.
Please let us know if that solved the problems.
b) If none of that helps:
Many of those free Norton, Mcaffee, Comodo, Zonealarm, Avira, Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, etc, ‘internet security’ bundles will not work well with Holdem Manager.
Please do the following steps, so we can get your computer to a state that we know will work with Holdem Manager:
- Uninstall any 3rd party security software (even windows defender or security essentials) bundles and dont reinstall them until after you reconnect postgresql.
- Reboot your computer
- Uninstall HM2* and then Reinstall HM2 - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_2_Setup.exe
- After downloading, you should right-click the file, go to properties and click unblock.*
- If you do not see an ‘unblock’ option you can ignore this step.
- Then, right click the file and run as administrator.
- Enable Windows Firewall’s recommended settings through your Control Panel, turn off Windows Defender (unless you are using Windows 10, in which case it should be enabled), and add firewall exceptions for HM and SQL - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1011/Software+Security+Problems+(Firewall)#MSES
- Install Microsoft Security Essentials (unless you are using Windows 10) for antivirus/malware protection and update it - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14210
*This will not affect your database, settings or original hands in your archive folder.
Once HM2 is working properly you should be able to reinstall your preferred AntiVirus software. Please follow the instructions in this FAQ that creates exceptions for Holdem Manager and PostgreSQL to avoid these issues - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1011/Software+Security+Problems+(Firewall)
c) If you continue to have problems, please duplicate the issue and send us log files with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing:
When sending any files please zip them (right-click - send to - compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then right-click - ‘copy dropbox link’ and paste the download link directly into the support ticket email. If you have any problems with dropbox try using filedropper.com